I am pleased to offer pipe repair and restoration services as close as your mailbox to both domestic and international clients. From basic maintenance to major repairs and reconstructions, I can get your treasured briar, meer or cob back into fighting form quickly and efficiently.
Services available include:
- Ream & Clean (includes removal of old cake, complete cleaning & polishing)
- Pipe Deodorizing
- Stem Reconditioning (deoxidizing & removal of tooth chatter and dents)
- Stem Repair (deep tooth dents, bite-throughs and chipped buttons)
- Stem Replacement (Vulcanized Rubber or Acrylic)
- Shank Repairs (splicing broken shanks, installing shank bands, and internal shank reinforcement)
- White Spot replacement (Dunhill pipes)
- Brass Dot installation (Brigham, Savinelli)
- Brigham tenon replacement
- Tenon Replacement (Delrin tenon)
- Stem Fit adjustments (tight or loose stems)
- Bowl Topping & Refinishing
- Crack Pinning
- Chamber Burnout Repair
- Complete Refinishing
- Push-Pull fittings installed (meerchaum pipes)
- Non-Filter to Filter pipe conversion (sufficient shank diameter required)
- Complete “Bowl to Button” Pipe Restoration
The above list is a sampling of the most commonly requested repairs. If your pipe needs something not listed above, please contact me to discuss options.
Prices start at $15CAD and go up from there depending on the complexity of the work required. Please contact me for a quote.
Final pricing will be determined only after I have inspected the pipe firsthand to determine the scope of the work. As with all repairs, unforeseen events can lead to extra work which will be added to the final cost of your repairs.
Getting Your Pipe to Me for Repairs
I always suggest contacting me first with a description of the pipe and the work you’d like done.
Pack your pipe well for shipping. I recommend using a sturdy shipping box, not a padded envelope. Remove the stem from the stummel and wrap the parts securely to avoid damage in transit. Your pipe should not rattle around inside the shipping box.
Mail your pipe to me at:
PO Box 39, St George Brant PO
St George Brant, ON N0E 1N0
Where possible, please email me the tracking number for your parcel. This helps me plan trips to the post office for pickup.
Tips for International Shipments
When shipping your pipe, please avoid using the word “tobacco” on your customs form as it seems to upset the good people at the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency). International shipments should be declared as “Estate Pipe for Repair” to avoid unnecessary import fees at the border.
It is sometimes possible to be reimbursed by the CBSA for improperly imposed border charges, but this is the exception, not the rule. Unfortunately, customs charges are outside my control and may be passed on to the customer.
After repairs are complete, your pipe will be securely packaged and returned to you via Canada Post. Tracking and up to $100CAD insurance coverage is included with this service by default where available. Additional insurance coverage may be purchased at cost.
Return shipping and any additional insurance fees are billed to you at cost on top of the repair/restoration fees. I do not up-charge on shipping.
International clients please note: shipping costs vary widely, especially when tracking and insurance is required. Please ask for a shipping quote to determine the best option for you.
I accept payments by e-transfer (within Canada) and Paypal (worldwide). If you are in the local area, old-fashioned cash payment on pickup is also fine.